History lovers will be able to catch a glimpse of everyday life in a bygone era when the beautiful Glenalvon House in the historic Macarthur region opens its doors to the public for free entry on the second and fourth Saturday of the month (February to November). As well as on the third Sunday of the month at Campbelltown’s Handmade and Homegrown Markets on Q.
Glenalvon House was built in 1841 and is described by the National Trust as ‘an exceptional two-storied sandstone home of colonial Georgian design’.
The furnished two storey colonial house provides a glimpse into Campbelltown’s days early in the 19th century.
Twelve rooms are open to the public including the drawing room, the library, the nursery, and the children’s bedroom. An agricultural exhibition, featuring the actual tools from colonial times is also located on the site.
Glenalvon also features a period garden, a sandstone coach house and heritage stables. The property is home to the Campbelltown and Airds Historical Society.